Wednesday, 1 July, senior figures from Rail Baltica’s project coordinator RB Rail AS, the European Commission and the International Union of Railways (UIC) will participate in a webinar titled ‘Rail Baltica as driver of economic development in the post-COVID recovery’. This webinar is organised by IRITS Events in association with Rail Baltica.
RB Rail representatives will present the audience with an update on the project’s progress, procurement plans, and technical requirements for suppliers. Infrastructure component and construction tenders are expected to start this year, with the latest time frame addressed during the webinar. Tenders will include the procurement of infrastructure components such as rails, turnouts & rail expansion joints, sleepers, sleeper pads, fasteners, and ballast, as well as construction works.
- Herald Ruijters, Director Investment, Innovative & Sustainable Transport, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE), European Commission
- Kaspars Briškens, Head of Strategy & Development, Rail Baltica
- Valentina Monaco, Global Head Rail Infrastructure, TÜV SÜD
- Simon Fletcher, Director Europe, International Union of Railways (UIC)
This webinar is part one of a series titled ‘Rail Baltica: opportunities in Europe’s latest megaproject’.
- More information and registration at https://www.irits.org/irswebinars/rail-baltica-as-driver-of-economic-development-in-the-post-covid-recovery/
- Press release at http://www.irits.org/news/#/pressreleases/rail-baltica-to-present-updated-procurement-plans-and-development-opportunities-3013812
Register here. The attendance is free of charge.